Today's 8:30am showing was a bust; they showed up late and then decided they did not like stairs and probably couldn't afford it anyway. The only good news is we got 2 more calls today so tomorrow we have two showings in the afternoon, and at least the house is already clean!
We decided to check out the farmer's market at the Wayside Inn which they hold on saturdays in the summer. We bought a nice round loaf of wheat bread from the Wayside Inn Bakery stand, better than Stop & Shop and only $1.25! Will got some lemonade, and all of us except Caleb split a cookie & brownie also from the bakery. Also we got some overpriced peaches and a basil plant. I used the bread and made a muffaletta sandwich with store bought olive salad, layers of salami, ham, cheese, some of the aforementioned basil, and roasted red peppers, and it was delicious. Any mix of cold cuts would work well in this. Something to keep in my recipe file for special occasions.
This afternoon Jacob and I worked on cleaning out the "attic" as I like to call our walk in closet with storage space above the stairs leading up to nowhere. There had been an unusual smell in there which made us anxious to clean the area out, and Jacob found the culprit, a dead bat. [Insert my heebie jeebies here.] We have no idea how it got into the closet, but I suppose there must be some hole in the entryway to the unit above ours, which sort of connects to the closet. I am SO glad he is the one that found it, and we are relieved that now the closet is in good shape for future showings and there is no more weird smell.
I think finding any dead animal would be pretty disturbing! At least it is gone now!
ReplyDelete