Wednesday, July 29, 2009

feeling better

On the third, count 'em, third round of antibiotics and my ears and throat feel much better again. The past month has been a rollercoaster of feeling lousy but I am hopeful this time it will take care of it, although I really should call the doc's to get my bloodwork results just in case. I am still feeling a bit run down but the summer heat and lack of sleep with Caleb up in the night could be responsible for that too.

Yesterday I enjoyed wine shopping with Jacob and the boys mostly behaved themselves. I am excited to have a nice variety of wines for cooking and drinking, I couldn't resist getting another French Rose. Julio's was having a 25% off sale on all wines before the tax hike so now we are sufficiently stocked up for a while.

This evening we are planning on going to Lowe's to look at kitchen faucets (ours has a hole in it covered by duct tape currently) and dining room light fixtures (ours bit the dust so I will probably need to call the electrician soon).

Other than that, I am starting to put together a preK homeschool plan for Will starting in August. We will basically be doing what we do now, only pick a weekly theme and try to focus on specific letter sounds one at a time. I plan on setting up a magnetic board or corkboard to put in Will's room and include letter sounds of the week, vocab words, nursery rhyme of the week and craft projects to go along with the themes. It is amazing how many resources there are on the web to help create outlines but also give great ideas. I don't want to unschool, although we will be a relaxed preK homeschool. :)


1 comment:

  1. Well luckily I don't have mono, but now I know what I did have. Yesterday my doctor sent my throat culture diagnosis, a bacteria called Haemophilus Influenzae (not the flu, but now we know the infection was causing my ear infections & sore throat), so thank goodness the kids had their hib vaccines already. My doctor is hopeful that my current antibiotic will do the job, and I have a few more days of that.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Needham Family Genealogy

Potato Roots