Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Log Home Kitchen Makeover, Part 1

Here is the kitchen before:
 

Prepping to paint:

Priming (2 coats):

Tanager (!):


Yes, it was a little bright! I don't really know what we were thinking, but we wanted to have a bright pop of color. W said it was awesome, but it needed a faux finish since the flat paint did not look right with the logs. I do love how the antique white looks on the cabinet. We reused the original hardware.


Julie did the faux finish, and used the Sherwin-Williams color Fireweed mixed with a glaze. This toned it down and gave it the texture it needed. Thank you again, Julie!


The hickory hardwood floor has been installed, and the new dishwasher and range will be delivered tomorrow. A carpenter came to cut out the cabinets and install sides to make it look more even. Here is the kitchen so far:

I really like the way it turned out. It will seem smaller once the furniture is moved in since we have a rather large table, but I am looking forward to moving in and starting to use the kitchen! Even minus the cabinet space that the dishwasher will be in place of, there are many drawers and cabinets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Needham Family Genealogy

Potato Roots