Sunday, July 25, 2010

the house!


We recently bought a log home and are in the beginning phases of updates before we move in later this summer. There are some things we would like to add through the years, but for now we are working on the following:

1.) Painting. Currently in progress, downstairs is primed and ready to go. Not the logs of course, but the kitchen cabinets, bedroom walls, trim, and hallway wood paneling to brighten it up. Colors will include Sherwin-Williams Antique White (for cabinets), Dover White, Tea Light, Honeydew, a shade of red for the small kitchen wall that I can't remember off hand, and some bright blue color W picked for the boys' room. I am planning on posting a lot of before and after posts here on the blog in the not too distant future.

2.) Installing a gas range in place of an electric, and adding a dishwasher.

3.) Hardwood Flooring. Hickory, with a mix of different sizes. Hopefully all throughout. I can hardly wait to see how this will transform our living area downstairs.

Once these things are finished our budget will have to recover before doing some other improvements. The next on the priority list would be lighting. Eventually we hope to get new countertops, and are still in the research phase on that although I would love to use as many natural materials as possible, and a large basin or soapstone sink for the kitchen.

This weekend I bought more painters tape (we couldn't believe it would run out so fast) along with some brushes and more rollers, so we are geared up to do some painting this week. Since we will soon be doing flooring we have no furniture there yet except our camping chairs and a pack n play for C. The bad part is that our crappy prepaid cell phones do not get any reception in our town, so I need to get a new dependable cell phone soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Needham Family Genealogy

Potato Roots