And so today is the beginning of the bunk bed era, Will is excited about his new bed and picked out Thomas the Tank Engine sheets for it. Last night he camped out in the living room on his old baby mattress all by himself which really surprised me, but it is a reminder he is growing up so quickly.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
bye bye crib
Last night Jacob took apart the convertible crib (also known as Will's big boy bed) to move around furniture and make room for the new bunk bed which will be delivered today. Of course, we will have to set up the crib in our room again for Caleb soon, but for a moment I got a bit sentimental seeing it in pieces after all these years. I remember when we first assembled in when I was pregnant with Will and the crib was filled with so many hopes and dreams. Also, Al was the one who bought it for us and it makes me miss her all the more knowing that she never got to meet Caleb. I find it a bit amusing that I feel such an attachment to the crib due to the fact that when Will was a baby he rarely slept in it besides an occasional nap or using it as a daytime playpen, as he was co-sleeping the first couple years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment